Date of Last Review: January 2018
Canter Wealth requires Clients (“customers”) to provide current and accurate financial and personal information. Canter Wealth will protect the information customers have provided in a manner that is safe, secure, and professional. Canter Wealth and its employees are committed to protecting customer privacy and to safeguarding that information.
Safeguarding Customer Documents
Canter Wealth collects non-public customer data in checklists, forms, in written notations, and in documentation provided to us by our customers for evaluation and related investment advisory services. The firm also creates internal lists of such data.
During regular business hours, access to Client records is monitored so that only those with approval may access files. During hours in which the Firm is not in operation, customer records are locked. No individual who is not so authorized shall obtain or seek to obtain personal and financial customer information. No individual with authorization to access personal and financial customer information shall share that information in any manner without the specific consent of a firm principal. Failure to observe Canter Wealth’s procedures regarding customer and consumer privacy will result in discipline and may lead to termination.
Sharing Nonpublic Personal & Financial Information
Canter Wealth is committed to the protection and privacy of its customers’ personal and financial information. Canter Wealth will not share such information with any affiliated or nonaffiliated third party except:
- When necessary to complete a transaction in a customer account, such as with the clearing firm or account custodians;
- When required to maintain or service a customer account;
- To resolve customer disputes or inquiries;
- With persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the customer;
- With rating agencies, persons assessing compliance with industry standards, or to the attorneys, accountants, and auditors of the firm;
- In connection with a sale or merger of Canter Wealth business;
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, identity theft, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- To comply with federal, state or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements;
- In connection with a written agreement to provide investment management or advisory services when the information is released for the sole purpose of providing the products or services covered by the agreement;
- In any circumstances with the customer’s instruction or consent; or
- Under any other exceptions enumerated in California (or another state, as applicable) Information Privacy *
It is not a policy of Canter Wealth to share nonpublic personal and financial information with affiliated or unaffiliated third-parties except under the circumstances noted above. Since sharing under the circumstances noted above is necessary to service customer accounts or is mandated by law, there are no allowances made for Clients to opt out.
Information for California Customers*
In response to a California law, Canter Wealth automatically treat accounts with California billing addresses as if California Clients do not want to disclose personal information to nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of personal information about Clients with our affiliates to comply with all California privacy laws that apply to us.