Last modified: May 26, 2021
Canter Strategic Wealth Management, LLC (“Company” or ”We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://canterwealth.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Through your request for further information or participation in any other feature of the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at (858) 812-7550.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social media account information, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as aggregate demographic information;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies including but not limited to Facebook Pixels;
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Facebook Pixels. The Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by understanding the actions you take on the Website. We use Facebook Pixel data to make sure our ads are being shown to the right people, build advertising audiences, and unlock additional Facebook advertising tools.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account(s).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To personalize your Website experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- [Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. [This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.]]
- [Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by using your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at 7825 Fay Ave., Suite 140, La Jolla, California 92037, United States.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
7825 Fay Ave., Suite 140
La Jolla, California 92037
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT DISCLOSURE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires that Canter Strategic Wealth Management, LLC (the “Company”) inform you of your rights, provide a list of the categories of personal information it has collected about consumers in the past twelve (12) months and detail what categories of personal information it sells or discloses.
Rights of California Residents
- Right of access
California residents have the right to request that a business that collects a resident’s personal information disclose to that resident the categories and specific pieces of personal information the business has collected.
California residents have the right to request that a business that collects personal information about the resident disclose to the resident the following:
- The categories of personal information it has collected about that resident.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- Right to know what we sell or disclose
California residents have the right to request that a business that sells the resident’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose, disclose to that resident:
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the resident.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the resident and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the resident for a business purpose.
The Company does not sell personal information.
- Right to opt out
California residents shall have the right, at any time, to direct a business that sells personal information about the resident to third parties not to sell the resident’s personal information.
- Right to deletion
In some cases, California residents shall have the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the resident which the business has collected from the resident.
- Right to equal service and price
A business may not discriminate against a California resident because the resident exercised any of the resident’s rights, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to the consumer.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the resident, if the resident exercises the consumer’s rights under this title.
- Suggesting that the resident will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to request your information
To request what personal information Company has disclosed to a third party please contact the Company via either [INSERT URL TO FINAL WEBSITE] or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request your personal information be deleted, email the following address email@example.com.
Categories of Personal Information Company collects
Categories of Personal Information Company has sold in the past twelve (12) months
The Company acts solely as a service provider and does not sell personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Company has disclosed in the past twelve (12) months
The Company has disclosed the following types of personal information to third-parties in the past twelve (12) months:
- To the qualified custodian you have designated to safekeep your assets designated to be under our management: name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, and investment suitability information.
- To regulators: name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, account number(s), investment holdings, transaction history, and investment suitability information.
- To third-party service providers
Any information provided to the Company will be used for the purpose of performing the services you have retained us to perform. In addition, if you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by the Company to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please send an email with your first name, last name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line of your email. You may also make such a request by writing to us at 7825 Fay Ave, Suite 140, La Jolla, CA 92037.